A Combined Approach of Homeopathy and Training
July 9th 2017 2:00-3:30 pm EST
This webinar is co-sponsored by Pitcairn Institute of Veterinary Homeopathy @ www.pivh.org.
The webinar will serve two purposes:
- Introduce attendees to the basics of veterinary homeopathy, and
- Demonstrate the importance of homeopathic prescribing in treating behavioral disorders.
During the webinar Dr. Melling will:
- Define veterinary homeopathy and how it contrasts with allopathy
- Explain the basic concepts in homeopathic prescribing
- Emphasize the importance of prescribing for the entire patient, which includes not only physical but also mental changes that have occurred with illness
- Describe medical and environmental situations which may result in behavioral changes that can be resolved with homeopathic treatment and behavior modification
- Present a case example of Wasabi, a young border collie brought to a shelter to be euthanized at 11 months of age, as she was considered untrainable and had bitten everyone in the family. She was adopted by a veterinarian experienced in positive behaviour modification, but it was not until homeopathic treatment that Wasabi became receptive to training. The combination of homeopathy and positive behaviour modification allowed Wasabi to be rehabilitated and become an accomplished agility competitor
- Questions and answers